Affection

I extended my hand warm, 
Stretched my little finger. 
Wished to feel your lovely charm, 
And love sweet and tender.  

The solitariness was cold, 
The emptiness so stark. 
The fingers clutched my palm, 
And colored my lonely heart dark. 

Like a lovely angel, 
You held my hands icy.
Set my heart flutter,
And just made me feel dainty. 

Like a beacon selfless, 
You guided me for miles.
When I took to the skies, 
You were all smiles


P.S. Holding Hands - the simplest and greatest way for showing your affection - is never out of vogue.
Affection Affection Reviewed by Vyankatesh on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 Rating: 5

5 comments:

  1. True!
    Loved the way you wrote the poem with all the tender feelings and emotions :)

    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Poem!!
    Im one of your newest followeres from the high five!
    Annery
    everytopicunderthesun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog. I'm following you, please check out mine as well http://www.thebloggingface.com.ng/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Magiceye and The Genius Bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete