- At some schools, students cannot get food from home.
- Breakfast at one school costs Rs. 150
- Lunch at another school costs Rs. 300, sometimes even Rs. 400
- Parents are spending Rs. 10000 per month as food expenses for children at school. This translates to Rs. 450 per day (considering 22 school days per month)
- Add to this, such expenses are mandatory and a part of the fee structure.
There was a time when the school fees were Rs. 150 per month. Some schools offered free classes to girl students. These schools are charging Rs. 10000 for School "Meal" Fees. I ponder where are we headed.
What do I say? Well, the schools just need to be practical. And focus more on schooling and other serious stuff.